Saturday, December 31, 2016

My Favorite Polishes of 2016

Happy 2017 everyone! I haven't had too much time this holiday season to blog, but I wanted to fit in my favorite polishes of 2016 for you all. Some of these are no longer available, but I just had to share!

Untitled

There's the collage/sneak preview. Read all about these pretties below!

Untitled

Dreamland Lacquer – Burnt Jam in Vermont: I don't own a lot of thermals, but this one totally stole my heart. Vampy and gorgeous both warm and cold. And the flakies remind me of flames.

Untitled

Painted Polish – Mystery Holo Duex: This gorgeous berry holo is so strong and completely stole my heart. It was love at first sight!

Untitled

Dreamland Lacquer – Out, Damned Clot!: This is the most stunning red holo I own, Noelie really knocked it out of the park with this one.

Untitled

Literary Lacquers – Stars Walk Backwards: This was a lovely darkened blue-green teal holo polish that reminded me so much of a beautiful night sky.

Untitled

Literary Lacquers – Salmon Enchanted Evening: This creme is everything I am looking for in a fun bright creme that is perfect for spring and guaranteed to make you smile.

Untitled

Literary Lacquers – Soul Within Me Burning: The warm toned purple feels like it was created for my skin tone, I am in love with this. Both beautiful and vampy without being too dark. A show stopper.

Untitled

Dreamland Lacquer – Dragonberry: This polish made me fall in love with purple again. The holo flash in it was one of a kind. Despite the pigment problems, Noelie made it right with all the Hella Holo customers and I can't respect her or be in awe of her talents more.

Untitled

Anchor Heart Lacquer – Vacationland: This was my first polish from this brand and it did not disappoint. Summers were made for bright neon corals like this and the subtle violet sparks and subtle scattered holo really set this one apart.

Untitled

Literary Lacquers – Tonight's Adventure. This was the ultimate pink leaning linear holo polish that exudes nothing but happiness. It had a lovely tribute story behind it, you should totally check that out.

Untitled

Ever After Polish – Month of June: I love a soft sea foam green polish and the cooler colored multichrome flakies and gold holo microglitter make this one a standout!

Untitled

Emily de Molly – Shadow on the Moon: I've been drawn to more neutral polishes with a special something lately and this one fit the bill.  This is a lovely stormy grey linear holo polish packed with larger microglitters for a scattered holo effect and then packed with dark pink flakies to create an awesome red leaning pinkish glow.

Untitled

Great Lakes Lacquer – Lake Michigan: Inspired by one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, this color is everything. This is a bright bold teal linear holographic polish with multichrome flakes that shift from deep blue to light green and a shimmer that mimics the flake shift.

Untitled

Indigo Bananas – Creme Bluelè: This is a gorgeous lightened cobalt blue that reminds me of the summer sky on a super hot tropical day.

Untitled

ILNP – Interstellar: This is the most beautiful polish ILNP put out this year hands down. It is a gorgeous teal polish that shifts to a dark navy almost indigo blue with scattered holo flakies. It is essentially a galaxy in a single polish!

Untitled

Illyrian Polish – Blue Moon: I just tried out Illyrian Polish this year for the first time this year and boy am I sorry I waited this long. This polish had me at first stroke. It is a gorgeous purple leaning dark grey holographic polish with the most amazing golden sunset shimmer.

Untitled

Ever After Polish – The Pumpkin King: This has a grey holographic base filled with red to copper to gold multichrome shifting flakies with aqua microglitter to boot. This is a complex but such a lovely fall polish. Ever After does flakies SO well! 

Untitled

Fair Maiden Polish – Shadow of Your Heart: This is THE ultimate fall polish – vampy and metallic and totally a standout. I am SO in love with this polish, it is a must-have for sure!

Untitled

Great Lakes Lacquer – Bleeding Teal: And I can't leave out the custom Mariah of Great Lakes Lacquer created for me. She captured the perfect San Jose Sharks teal and this polish is also sprinkled with beautiful golden to bronze multichrome flakies. 

Untitled

Emily de Molly – All the Feelings: Iridescent glitter really had a moment at the end of 2016, but my favorite rendition of it was in this Emily de Molly polish which I could choose to layer over any color and really love this nude combination. 

Untitled

Girly Bits Cosmetics Astoria: I love shimmer and holo combos and Girly Bits really knocked it out of the park with this beauty. This is a gorgeous muted purple polish with a stunning copper shift that is really beautiful in the sunlight!

No comments:

Post a Comment