Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Emily de Molly and Hella Holo Customs

Hello everyone. On Tuesday I received my latest order from Emily de Molly, which included one of the June Hella Holo Custom polishes, so I thought I would get to sharing these shades with you lickety-split, so you could see swatches while the polish is still available.



These are three shades full of shimmer, which I’ve been very drawn to lately, and I feel a lot of makers have been gravitating toward. Only one of these shades is a Hella Holo Customs shade – meaning you having to be a member of the group to purchase it. To join email hellaholocustomercare@gmail.com with the topic 'JOIN'. The ladies at Hella Holo Customs have worked with a number of different indie companies, calling on them to make polishes inspired by the Facebook group photos.

Well let’s get to the swatches shall we?!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

First up we have Emily de Molly Lace Man. This is a lovely purple leaning grey polish packed with pink, purple and golden iridescent flakies which give off the most stunning pink glow. This was opaque in two easy coats, but does dry down slightly textured (very very slightly, just the flakies I think). I would recommend a thicker top coat to make it shiny and smooth.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Next up we have Emily de Molly Shadow on the Moon. This is a lovely stormy grey linear holo polish packed with larger microglitters for a scattered holo effect and then packed with dark pink flakies to create an awesome red leaning pinkish glow. This one was absolutely stunning, I was in love with this polish. Just look at the macros and appreciate the depth and complexity of this gorgeous polish!!! This was opaque in two coats, shown with a glossy thick top coat.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Finally we have Emily de Molly Desert Rose, the Hella Holo Customs special polish. This polish was definitely pinker than I expected, but paired with that greenish golden glow (it leans more green in real life) that totally cools down the pink and makes it appear more coral like. I love the optical illusion of it all! The shimmer definitely is strong in this one, so much so the linear holo seems to take a back seat, but it is still a lovely combination. This polish was opaque in two coats, but was a bit on the watery side, not difficult to work with, just don’t overload your brush. It was mildly brush-strokey, but that seemed to disappear when the polish dried a bit.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
This above shot is a little warmer, due to it being taken in the morning sun. 

I just can’t leave well enough alone and decided I needed to do a little double stamping of a succulent-like stamping image, since the inspiration for this polish was the most gorgeous mix of succulents. The image is from UberChic Beauty 7-01 plate. To stamp I used Bundle Monster Jungle Mirage (from the Electro Glo nail stamping set) and then used Painted Polish Midnight Mischief to double stamp.

I looooove the results. I was inspired by a video that UberChic posted on instagram last night. I thought the double stamping was a neat effect and I thought the Jungle Mirage color matched the shimmer in this polish so well!

There are two other Hella Holo Custom shades from Emily de Molly I didn’t purchase but now am seriously considering. I was really impressed by all of these polishes and now I want all the Emily de Molly polishes!

Emily de Molly - USA Stock siteFacebookInstagramFacebook Fan Group
Hella Holo Customs Facebook Group (to join email hellaholocustomercare@gmail.com with the topic 'JOIN')– Instagram 


No comments:

Post a Comment