Friday, May 27, 2016

Bow Polish Review

Hey everyone! Happy Friday, I hope you're all getting ready for a fun three-day weekend. I'm headed down to San Luis Obispo with some girlfriends and we are going to have some super R&R!

Today I've got two polishes I purchased a few months ago from Bow Polish via the Color 4 Nails website. Bow Polish is part of Dance Legend, a Russian nail polish brand, which is why I order through Color 4 Nails, a US stockist of the brand.

Let's get to the pretties shall we?



For my first try of the brand I purchased two polishes from the brand's Out of Space collection. These are both purple and definitely remind me a bit of galaxies, so totally on theme.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

My first impressions of this brand. Unique polishes, different finishes but the bottle. OY VEY the bottle. Impossible to pose with and that square lid?!? Makes application a bit difficult as well. If these polishes weren't so pretty, I would just say screw it!

This is Bow Polish Good God. It is a purple to orangish to green shifty multichrome polish with holographic specks in it. It is sooooooo shifty and beautiful and was opaque in two coats. If the cap didn't make the application so awkward, I might pull this one out more often. But man is this galaxy in a bottle. This is just begging for some awesome star and constellation stamping for sure!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Next up we have Bow Polish Zodiac (currently sold out on Color 4 Nails, sorry). This is a gorgeous royal purple jelly polish with holographic specks and red shifty flakies. The red flakies make this polish glow like WOAH. This polish was beautiful. Being a jelly it needed three coats for opacity but the flakes didn't stick up or make application at all difficult.

The sun shot I have above is a tinge on the golden side because it was late in the day as the sun was setting, but man, it really shows how much this polish sparkles and glows in the sun. But even in indirect light this polish is a stunner.

So overall, happy with these polishes as they are unique to my collection, but the bottle really turns me off from the brand. If you're going to go with that square bottle, at least have an easier cap to apply with (like Butter London).

Have you tried any Bow Polishes? Which did you like that I haven't checked out?!

No comments:

Post a Comment