Saturday, January 23, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas – Three Shades of Purple

Today I've got another nail art look to share with you in my 52-Week Crumpet's Nail Tarts Challenge.

Untitled

My prompt for the week was three shades of purple and leopard. I know the natural thought here was, sure, go with a gradient. But I was not going to give in to that thought.

I thought, let's really get challenged, time to play with reverse stamping decals.

Untitled

To start with this look, I painted two quick coats of the gorgeous Octopus Party Nail Lacquer Petal to the Metal on each nail.

Then I stamped a leopard image using KBShimmer Eyes White Open on a clear coat on my UberMat. Then I filled in the leopard spots using Glam Polish Daily Dilemma and Lemming Lacquer I'll Give You Darkness (which I admit almost looks black here but is actually a dark violet, I'll have to swatch it on a whole nail soon).

Untitled

Then I put a quick dry top coat on the image, and waited a minute or two and then ta-da! I created a reverse stamping decal!

Untitled

Untitled

Then because I was getting tired and the idea of creating more decals seemed like it would take too much time, I wanted to round out the look on the remaining tow fingers. So I just freehanded stripes of the purples in an attempt to show them off better.

Untitled

I think the final look was ok, but it wasn't really what I was hoping for. But I feel I actually challenged myself with this look, and I feel like I might be getting my nail art mojo back!!! What do you think?!?

And of course, make sure to check out the other talented ladies to see what they came up with for this fun three-purple prompt!


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

No comments:

Post a Comment