Saturday, January 9, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Pale Blue Base

Hey everyone, today I am suffering from a terrible migraine but wanted to get this posted before I missed the deadline and head to a hockey game!

Untitled

Today I'm sharing with you a beautiful pale blue holo that works as the base for some mega nail art fail that I put together to go with my Nail Crumpet's Art Challenge theme.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This polish is Great Lakes Lacquer A New Slate v2 – a gorgeous light blue with a strong linear holo finish and magenta flakies (see macro) which give the polish a pinkish flash. The polish was a bit sheer, but worked up to opacity in three thin coats. It was a Cyber Monday Exclusive, but I just looked and the polish is still available on the website!

Untitled

Now onto the nail art. I got a little impatient while doing this look. I didn't wait long enough for the base to dry before stamping, and I thought I'd do a little stamping gradient with my prompt for this color – ikat, well as you can tell that got a little messed up.

Then I thought, why don't I try free handing it?

Untitled

Also a fail. Buuuuut I do happen to like this color combination, so maybe at a later date when I have more patience I will attempt something like this again.

As always, don't forget to check out the other, I'm sure much better than this is, pale blue nail art ideas in the inlinkz below!


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   


No comments:

Post a Comment