Monday, November 2, 2015

Emily de Molly Review

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you had great weekends, I had one that was filled with a whole lot of nothing and boy did I really need that. Unfortunately I spent the better part of yesterday suffering from a migraine (which kept me from playing with polish), but it didn't stop me from being able to prepare this fun post for you guys.

Untitled

I recently found out that Emily de Molly, an Australian-based indie brand, now has a US retail website – which makes purchasing from her so much easier! So yay for being able to get my hands on some of these amazing beauties!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

First up we have one of my most favorite wine-colored vamps of the season. This is Garnet Fire and it isn't just a vampy holo it also has amazing orange flakies which create an orange glow, which I've never seen before in a wine colored polish. This is like a clash of my two favorite color families coming together in this perfect polish for fall! Application was a breeze, opaque in two thin coats. I wore this for an entire weekend and I couldn't stop staring at my nails, they were so pretty!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Second up is Ariel's Realm. This is a gorgeous teal jelly polish packed with cooler toned multichrome flakies and tiny red microglitters. The jelly/falkis combo gives this polish such depth. I found application was best in three thin coats, as the jelly base does make this a sheerer polish.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Next up we have we have The Rapture, which is similar to Ariel's Realm being that it is another jelly/flakie combo. The Rapture is a purple jelly with cooler toned multichrome flakies and similar microglitter pieces (blue and green I think) floating throughout. Application took three coats for opacity.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The final polish I have to share with you is Terra Firma. This is described as a brown to green duochrome holo, but I found the shift to be very subtle. Either way, I find this to be mostly green, olive leaning a bit, but perfect for the fall season. This was an amazing formula, opaque in two coats. I wore this one for about half a week too, toped with ILNP Glory another favorite of mine this season – I took a couple of shots of that look for you below. I also did themed stamping over it, because I wore it for the weekend I went to Apple Hill to do apple and pumpkin picking!

Untitled

So what do you think?! Have you tried Emily de Molly before? Which are your favorites? I have to say Garnet Fire and Terra Firma are true standouts for me here, and Garnet Fire might make my list of top polishes for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment