Monday, October 19, 2015

Brown Lightning for Fall

Happy Fall everyone, the weather has finally turned just a tad cooler here in California and I finally feel like I just might be able to break out a sweater or two! Or who am I kidding, probably just a light cardigan, either way, I feel like autumn has finally arrived.

Untitled

This mani was partly inspired by my friend Andrea of Indigo Bananas, and though it doesn't actually use any Indigo Bananas polishes, she helped me come up with the idea.

Untitled

This fall brown holo polishes have been popping up all over the place and I wanted to create a mani that put that on display. So for the base I did two coats of ILNP Shoreline and then I used lightening vinyls to put two of my favorite browns this season on display.

Untitled

For this look I used Elevation Polish Saif al Jabbar (which is really more of a vampy brown-red holo) on the tips and Pahlish Hundred Eyes on the bottom. Both of these polishes were from the joint Adventures of Marco Polo collection Elevation Polish and Pahlish put out together. The whole collection is just lovely.

Untitled

I really like how these all paired together. I wouldn't have exactly thought of lightening bolts with this look, but I think it pulled all the colors together perfectly! Thanks Andrea for the fun idea!

Untitled

The whole look was stunning in the sunshine.

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty great, was at a friend's house just watching Netflix and movies and shows all weekend. She is recovering from wrist surgery so I was just there for company, and for an excuse to escape the chaos that is my condo bathroom project.

I don't even know what is happening with that (it's Sunday night and I'm about to re-enter that hell), but everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong. :(

Hope you all had great weekends, I'll update about my bathroom once it's no longer chaos! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment