Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Girly Bits Elevation Polish Bamboozled Duo

Happy Wednesday everyone! Hope you're all having terrific weeks out there, I'm still recovering from my vacation, two day work week from hell and then in-laws visited for the long weekend. Happy to get back to a normalish schedule for the moment!!!

Today I have a fun duo to share with you. I just love all these collaborations going on in the indie world, it's a chance to try new brands and just love two indies together. 

Untitled

Today I'm sharing the Girly Bits & Elevation Polish Bamboozled Duo that was released in July. I'm sorry these aren't available anymore, but I just had to share this fun look I created with them because it was my first successful decal creation!!

Untitled

Untitled

First let me get to the specifics of the polishes. The Elevation Polish half of this duo is Arashiyama and it is a beautiful warm toned sandy brown polish with gorgeous charcoal and very subtle blue flakies with a gorgeous creamy holo finish. I just loooove this polish and it reminds me of a sandy version of Shilin Stone Forest, one of the first Elevation Polishes that made me fall in love with the brand! This polish is on the thicker side, but is opaque in two coats and easy to apply. 

Untitled

Untitled

The Girly Bits Cosmetics part of the duo is BamBoom! and it is a gorgeous bright green holo with matching micro glitter pieces scattered throughout. This was a dream to apply, opaque in two coats. I just love love love green and this polish just screams happy to me!!!

Now for this look, I created my first decal, and I did so by coloring in the stamp on the stamper, see the photo below. 

Untitled

It took a bit of trial and error to perfect (as you can tell I tried a few stamps, like the one above), and it still isn't perfect as you can see in the macro, but it was a pretty good first attempt and I love how it turned out!

Untitled

Have you tried doing the decal method? I have an UberChic Mat now so it's a bit easier, but I wanted to show you how I first attempted it and the results!!! Also I just loved these two polishes together, I love that the evoke the Bamboo theme and they pair so well together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment