Friday, June 19, 2015

Recent Elevation Polishes Review

A brand I just can't get enough of lately is Elevation Polish and since there is a restock around the corner (Monday June 22 at 9 a.m. CT), I thought it would be a good opportunity to give a little review/gush over some of the recent purchases I have made from the brand.

Untitled

I originally discovered while reading some of my favorite blogger's 2014 best of lists (I'm looking at you Lavish Layerings and Pointless Cafe). Each of the Elevations I have purchased have that something special and their formulas are pretty great too!

Untitled

Untitled

I'm going to start with Grand Teton Sunset. Here is a note, I don't typically edit photos for color but I did for this polish because it is stunning but it tries to hide how stunning it is in a photo. Just look at how bright that purple is!!!

This applied beautifully in two thin coats and has it's own built in top coat. I think it is just stunning, however since it has it's own top coat, I hear that it might not play nice with another top coat (might cause streaking or the color to darken) I didn't experience that and I did top it with another Elevation Polish which I will show you next!

Untitled

Untitled

This is one coat of East London over Grand Teton Sunset. This topper is AMAZING, I can't say enough good things about it! It is a holo topper with gorgeous cooler colored multichrome flakies! Because I really wanted to show off the flakies a little better, I put East London over a lighter color to show just how gorgeous it really can be!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This is one coat over Julep Shelly and it truly shows off just how stunning the flakies and the holo combination is! This is a MUST HAVE in my opinion!

Application was a breeze, the flakies dispersed perfectly and were the ultimate balance between flakie and holo! Just enough to give it a sparkle and intrigue both indoors and outside!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Next up is for all you vampy lovers out there! This stunner is Paris. Paris is a lovely prune colored holographic polish. It is just dark enough that it is vampy without looking black. It almost could be a one coater, but I ended up using two. One note, this polish was a bit thicker than the other Elevation Polishes I have worked with, it was not too difficult to work with, but the formula did seem to be a bit different.

Love this one so much, it just screams fall to me so definitely expect to see this again!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This is When the cherry met the spoon, and it is a gorgeous raspberry jelly polish loaded with extras. I almost didn't get this polish and I am so glad I did because just look at it! It has a soft holographic finish to it and has flakies throughout as well. It is complex and looks great indoors and outdoors. It is vampy in it's own right, but more on the cheery side if you don't like polishes that get too dark!

This applied easily in two coats, formula was great to work with.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

And finally I will end with a polish I just tried out yesterday, and threw in at the last minute. This gorgeous polish is Uluru, and is so just what was I was looking for. I wanted a bright fun color for summer that wasn't neon but leaned coral but not too pink. This was JUST the ticket.

It is a gorgeous orange red that leans just a tad pinker than my photos capture, the macro shot is probably the closest to capturing it accurately. Part of what makes it so special is the gold and violet flecks in it. It just sparkles in sun and looks gorgeously bright in the shade.

The formula on this one was pretty thick, and I thought I had a good opacity at two coats, but added a third and it was just too much. Application tip (on the site which I didn't see), allow for some drying time between coats. I should have heeded this information but it was like 12 a.m. when I was putting this on the other night.

Anyway, a restock is around the corner, but as of last night all of these were available in the shop except for Uluru. So what are you waiting for?!?! If you haven't tried out Elevation yet you definitely need to! The polishes I showed here retail from $8.50 to $11.50, and I don't think anything on the site retails for over $12.50!

Let's gab about Elevation in the comments, which are your favorites? What first tempted you to buy from them?!

No comments:

Post a Comment