Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Vibrant Gradient and Geometric Nails

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been as present in the social media world blogosphere this week. I have multiple night meetings for work and a last-minute visit from my dad – so I've been quite busy.

Today I have some awesomely vibrant nails I wore for a bit last week, they are just so lovely and I can't wait to show you!

Untitled

This was made using my Creative Stamper, which I'm still trying to get the hang of. But I just love the look of the gradient, it turned out soooo pretty.



So for the gradient I started out with a base of Kiko Melon, which is a yellowish creme I got when visit Europe last summer. Then using a makeup sponge I added a gradient using OPI Aloha From OPI (coral) and Lost My Bikini in Molokini (purple). I really loved how this turned out.

I wanted to add something extra, and normally I add a bit of China Glaze Fairy Dust here but I had a linear holographic top coat mini polish that I had been meaning to break out so I did. This awesome holo top coat is Spectraflair 35 Top Coat by Spectraflair4U (which I got in my Santa's Secret Sack in December) and it gave this gradient and an awesome holographic effect without really taking too much away from the gradient. I am in love with this now as a gradient topper!







Then I added stamping using my Bundle Monster BM-604 stamping plate using my creative stamper. I think I am still getting the hang of properly using the stamper. I see it's benefits, but I find it is hard to pick up full images from the plate, though it is easier to stamp on images to the nail.

It seems like maybe it is good for bigger images and getting straight lines, but fine detailed stamps do not work well with the stamper I find. I plan on discussing this more online today to see if there are tricks I need to use when trying to play around with the Creative Stamper. So far, it's not my favorite.

Have you tried the Creative Stamper yet? How do you like it? Got any tips for me, please share them in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment