Monday, April 13, 2015

Indigo Bananas A Fields Trip with Butterflies Holo

 Recently Indigo Bananas came out with holo versions of their Mega Chrome Flakies collection and I was sent a few to review! Today I'll share with you the fun I had with A Field Trip with Butterflies Holo, complete with a comparison with it's ILNP counterpart.

Untitled

Now I am going to warn you now, this post will be extra photo heavy because this polish has so many different looks to it. In the shade it shifts from green to teal to blue. In the sun, the holo totally comes out to play.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Application on this one was a breeze, three coats for full opacity. This application is with the brush, no sponging required! The flakies lay flat on the nail and are not difficult to remove at all!

What I really like about this particular brand's take on holo finish, is that it is a good portion of holo. In the shade the polish clearly isn't only flakies, which is what I prefer. Close up the flakies look interspersed throughout the holo, instead of just a sprinkling of spectraflair that really is only visible in the sun. It's a good mixture of both the flakie and the holo trends! To illustrate this point a bit I've compared three coats of Indigo Bananas A Field Trip with Butterflies Holo (bottom nail) with ILNP Gaia Holo (upper nail).

Untitled

Untitled

Sorry I know my macros are not the best, but this clearly shows that A Field Trip with Butterflies packs more a punch in the holo and the flakie department! More bang for your buck with the IG and no sponging application required! :)

Since I can never leave well enough alone, I added a little nail stamping to the mix. I've had this butterfly nail stamping image forever and never pulled it out to use it and since butterflies was in the name of this very polish, thought it was high time I actually attempted some butterfly nails!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The Indigo Banana Holo Mega Chrome polishes can also be used as toppers, but I haven't tried that out yet. I have two more of these to show you in future posts, and hopefully by the last one I'll have a comparison of them side by side as toppers so you can see that effect.

Indigo Bananas can be purchased at their website in full bottles (15ml) or mini bottles (8ml), which I always love because then if you aren't sure you'll like it, you can always just test it out. A Field Trip with Butterflies is $12 for full size and $7.25 for mini. Also Indigo Bananas usually has all their polish in stock, so you aren't dealing with out of control restocks or stressful purchasing situations.

You can look for Indigo Bananas news on their Facebook page and Instagram account (which is having a giveaway right now, so go check it out!). And if you are an Indigo Bananas lover, you should totally join us in the We're Bananas for Indigo Bananas Facebook fan group, we are currently having an IG nail art contest!

So what are your feelings about the flakie craze? Love it? Over it? Liking all the possibilities one can experience with flakies? Like it with holo or as a topper? Share with me your thoughts! I've been very intrigued with the flakies jelly combos I've been seeing out there lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment