Friday, April 10, 2015

Fair Maiden Garden Party Swatches and Art

Today I've got a review of the polishes I purchased from Fair Maiden Polish's Garden Party Collection! When the collection initially released a few weekends ago, I purchased three of the polishes from the collection I wasn't sent to review and over the last week I've had fun making various nail art looks with them!

And news around the block are these are being restocked next Saturday April 18 at 12 CST!

Untitled

I purchased Sweet Honeysuckle, Green Goddess and Mint Succulent, so let's get to the swatches shall we? And stay tuned, I've got some awesome nail art I made with these polishes coming up as well later in the post!

Untitled

Untitled

First up we have Sweet Honeysuckle which is a gorgeous peach creme polish with the most amazing golden flash with the slightest hint of violet flakies throughout. This polish is not just a creme, it has so much more going on with it that makes it special.

The consistency of this polish is thicker than the other polishes I worked with from this collection. It wasn't difficult to work with, just be careful how much you load on your brush during application. This is three thin coats.

Untitled

Untitled

Next up we have Green Goddess which is a gorgeous light green holographic polish with a lovely golden flash to it!

The application on this was a breeze. Most people could probably get away with two coats, I added three just to be safe!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Finally we have my favorite of the these three polishes, Mint Succulent. This is a gorgeous sea foam green holographic polish with the most complex shimmer sparkle in it! I took home the work DSLR camera and captured a stunning macro shot of it! See that amazing pink shimmer with red micro flakies in it as well. This polish has dimension!!!

This polish also applied completely easily, much the same as Green Goddess. Would probably be fine with two coats, I added a third for good measure and more sparkle! :)

Now on to the fun nail art looks. Sweet Honeysuckle is the first polish I took out to play with and I was looking through my stamping plates to see if I had anything that looked close to a honeysuckle and this was the closest I could get. I used my Lily Anna 07 plate using Essie Come Here to create this fun stamping look!

Untitled

Untitled

In this funny polish world, we find inspiration in the silliest of ways. On my polish tray (which is actually a breakfast tray I can move from room to room) I have an old Stampin Up catalog from the days when I made cards for fun. Anyway I use the catalog as sort of a place mat and turn the page when I have made enough of a mess of the previous page. When I turned the page to work on my Fair Maiden swatches this is what came up.

Untitled

I saw all those colors and a light bulb went off in my head. I have Fair Maidens to match that color scheme! So off I went to create a fun nail skittle!

Untitled

Untitled

Colors used here, from thumb to pinkie are KBShimmer Eyes White Open (which I also used to stamp with, it's an amazing opaque white polish), Mint Succulent, Green Goddess, a special fan-group custom polish and Be Your Own Heroine.

For the stamping designs, I used my Uber Chic plates 1-01 and 1-02. These are great nail stamping plates, so much you can do with the designs. If you haven't checked them out yet, I highly suggest it!

And here are a few more shots in the sun and daylight because I wanted to share with you how amazing these polishes are in all lights!

Untitled

Untitled

So anyway, you'll want to get you hands on some of these polishes when they are restocked on April 18. If you haven't tried out this brand I highly recommend it. I previously reviewed two polishes from this collection, and I just love those as well!

So which polish do you like best out of this post? Have you tried Fair Maiden yet, which are your favorites?!

No comments:

Post a Comment