Monday, March 30, 2015

Reverie Nail Lacquer Review

Hello everyone, happy Monday! I'm back with another review of a new-to-me indie brand.

Untitled

I had heard a lot of good things about Reverie Nail Lacquer, and I finally picked up a few minis from the brand at the beginning of the year. So let's check them out shall we?

Untitled

Untitled

First up we have Agave, which is this lovely grey blue jelly polish with copper micro glitters and rose colored flakies swimming throughout. The polish was a bit on the watery side, but not too difficult to manage. Being a jelly polish, this took three coats to reach this opacity.

This polish was so unique, I haven't seen anything like it. When I first ordered it I just thought it was a grey/copper polish, but then after applying I saw that pink flash. So creative!





Next up we have Nightfall. This polish is a light lilac purple polish with a holo finish and light blue irredescent flakies packing a punch. This polish was on the thicker side, however it was very sheer. Took three coats for this opacity.

This polish isn't really the color for me, it's very muted for a pastel, and with my skin tone, ends up looking a little washed out. Nothing against the polish itself, I did like how it wasn't just a straight holo polish, those blue flakies really give it something that makes it stand apart. I think I might have liked it more if it were a tad brighter, but that's just my taste, nothing against the polish itself. 





And finally, we have Bayberry. This polish was definitely my favorite in appearance. Just look at that plum purple vampy holo finish. And it doesn't stop there, it has the same type of iridescent flakies as Nightfall, but these are a bright blue leaning violet, leaving a lovely flash. I tried to get a macro of it that showed off both the lovely bold color and the flash of violet!



Unfortunately though, the application on this one was a miss for me. It was thick to the point of being goopy, and that made it very hard to apply. This really is a shame  is a shame because just look at that color. Now I know this made a few other blogger's best of lists, so I can only hope that maybe because I got a mini polish, that might have altered the quality of the polish in some way, shape or form. I just don't know.

Anyway, overall I was impressed with the creativity of these three polishes I picked up. They weren't just one thing, a holo or microglitter. They each had something special that set them apart from other indie polishes in my collection. So the ingenuity of Reverie Lacquer definitely has me intrigued. I think next time I order though, I'll try getting at least one full size to see if that affected the polish I purchased, because man, Bayberry is just amazing!

The Reverie Lacquer site is closed at the moment, and I think she is reopening soon with her own website (but word on the street is she'll keep both the Etsy and a new site). Make sure to follow Reverie Lacquer on Facebook for the very latest updates!

Have you tried Reverie Lacquer? Have a polish to recommend that I haven't checked out yet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment