Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Gold to teal gradient with stamping

So I was cleaning out my phone yesterday and I couldn't believe how many looks I had created that I never actually got around to blogging to!

So here and there, I'll be updating you guys with a post from the vault. Please be kind to me when posting these, most were before my better lighting and photo set up, so the photos are much more amateurish than what I've been striving to post.

Untitled

To start today's look, I started with three thin coats of ILNP Iconic. Iconic is a gorgeous gold holo polish with really subtle violet undertones. I just love this gold, it is just a spectacular holo! I remember application being on the sheerer side, so I think it needed at least three coats for this application (but I did this mani back in October, so it is completely possible I am remembering this incorrectly).

Untitled

For the next step I used KBShimmer Up and Cunning to sponge on the teal gradient. I believe this was my first holo gradient and I can't believe I haven't revisited this technique since. Definitely need to break out the makeup sponges again soon! Oh and that polish bottle was some nail mail I had just revived from Aliquid Lacquer, another vault look I'll be showing you at some point!

Untitled

To finish off the look I used Essie The Perfect Cover Up to stamp this geometric abstract design using my Lily Anna 08 plate!

That's it for today, I hope you liked this look from the vault! Tomorrow I've got a review of polishes from Model City Polish, a new to me indie! One of my goals was to try a bunch of new indie polishes, and this is a review of just one of those experiences. And you'll definitely want to check back in at the end of this week for my very first Blogiversary, including an epic giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment