Sunday, February 1, 2015

Getting to know me...

Today I am part of an inlinkz that is all about getting to know a few ladies in this nail blogging world! We've all answered some questions about ourselves and our blogs, with random favorite mani photos throughout!

 photo bea75e2b3261e4ccaf273bb684821f14_zpsd7a16ae9.jpg

What is the focus of your blog? (Nail art, stamping, swatching, blended, etc.)
The focus of my blog is mostly nail art, with swatch sharing every once in awhile. I really love nail polish, so I'll share a swatch or two from time to time, especially if it's a new to me indie, but other than that I just truly love nail art so it is mostly that!


 photo DDA994B8-9346-4594-A383-83C866857748_zpsxwift6ew.jpg

What made you start blogging?
Well I've been a writer my whole life, in fact, I am a journalist in my day job. I've had a blog for a really long time, but this whole nail hobby caught up with me and I thought incorporating that into my blog writing would be a fun idea. Now it's all I blog about!

 photo ScreenShot2014-12-24at100410AM_zps81bdbd4b.png

What keeps you blogging? 
What keeps me blogging is seeing all the incredible nail art out there and being inspired by it. Lately I've been joining weekly challenges so I don't get stuck staring at my polish collection with no idea where to start. There's so much left to try that I haven't done yet: water marbling, better freehand, lead light technique, decals, etc.

 photo 393CC37F-1076-4E3B-8558-927C11E8A196_zpsn4rml7fp.jpg

What other blogs were/are inspirational to you?
Finding good blogging buddies in the beginning are very important. The motivation to keep going and just the overall camaraderie has just been so important to me while things have seemed to get overwhelming. They make walking through this fog of the blogging world so much easier. And blogging is always  more fun with company! My inspirations are Kirby at the Mercurial Magpie, Sarah at Tunay Na Mahal, Cait at Polish Hound and Serene at Copycat Claws.

 photo D4998B70-D61F-4A97-9E97-F3DC9E99484A_zps4kwcsgtl.jpg

What advice would you give to someone just starting a nail blog?
Find friends, find your voice and don't give up. It takes awhile to find where you fit in in this big old world of blogging. Don't compare yourselves to other blogs! Just do it because you love it and a fun group to share it with. Facebook groups are super fun for this reason alone!

 photo 0E522688-F8C4-43C8-88A6-CA9032C0F949_zps9kdxk0vz.png

What is your polish Holy Grail (deliberately left vague...)
A good clean up brush. My nails wouldn't look half as good as they do without a little clean up every time. I know everyone who sees my nails think I paint them perfectly, but the main secret is a clean up brush!

 photo 3DCFF935-2932-42C5-8520-04F3DEF902E1_zps5orzyman.jpg

If you were stuck on a deserted island, what one item would you take with you? 
My iPad, that way I could read, communicate and wouldn't be cut off from the outside world. I know, that's not a very creative answer. ;-)

 photo C60BF38D-7675-48F5-9C8D-D8FAC76C2E5D_zpssxvftcog.png

What else would you like to share about your blog? 
Comments mean the world to me. I love getting to know my readers and I just love it when a name I don't recognize has commented, it really does bring a smile to my face. So if you like it, I'd love to hear from you! Communication is what is keeping me in this game!

 photo CC5A0188-4783-4575-BAB2-316D2296C0AC_zpsafkjnyqi.jpg

To end, can you share a link or two to a couple of posts that you're especially proud of?
I'm pretty proud of my Nail Art Must Haves and my Mani Must Haves posts, they take a bit more work and photography, but I love reading others and was just so jazzed when I put together my own collection. I find them so helpful!

 photo 8BDEEC94-5B2E-4523-A85F-72D45C3A932F_zpsjhfywgsn.jpg



And don't forget to check out some other ladies from The Nail Polish Blogger Collection, linked below!

   

   


No comments:

Post a Comment