Monday, December 1, 2014

Snowflake Nail Art

Hi everyone! Happy first day of December! Time for a holiday nail extravaganza here at Newsie Nail Novice!!!

This holiday season, to keep me blogging constantly, I've decided to jump on board the 12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge from a Facebook group I'm in called Challenge Your Nail Art! Feel free to join us, the more the merrier! I can't wait to see everyone's manicures!

Now I've never done a nail art challenge that is this involved, especially one that is in one of the busiest months of the year, but I'm all about a challenge and growing in my skills as a nail artist!

 photo 3905CDC8-2342-47D9-BD79-4AFF75761721_zpsnehk0jfm.jpg

So as you can see, Day 1 is snowflakes! Now I've been planning this manicure since the summer. Which seems a little insane, but once I purchased Smitten Polish Nimbus, this vision of it being the background for some beautiful snowflakes just came to me.

 photo 60093898-2D42-483C-A6ED-39C2A46701BD_zpsjminqwzx.jpg

Nimbus is the closest I've seen to a white holo polish, and it beautiful and as soon as I saw it, I knew it would perfect for a winter manicure with snowflakes!

 photo 6A0636F6-113F-4056-A3E8-8172B44C3CA6_zpstxbhqrut.jpg

Nimbus in on the thicker side, as it is a holo, but definitely not unmanageable and just look at how delicate and beautiful it is!

 photo 36887AFF-6190-46B9-ADC4-9CAB8DDB85A0_zpshclwkdly.jpg

To stamp, I used my Bundle Monster BM-H02 from a holiday set I received for my birthday in March. I tried to move the stamp around on each nail so it has a more random look to it. I used Zoya Song to stamp the snowflakes, and it worked so beautifully. Song is a beautiful metallic cerulean blue that just screams winter to me!

So what do you think about the challenge? Do any of the challenges intrigue you? Which ones do you want to jump in on?

Come check out all the other lovely manicures of ladies joining in on at the inLinkz below!


   






No comments:

Post a Comment