Saturday, December 13, 2014

Red and Green Sparkle Chevrons

Today's challenge in the 12 Days of Christmas Art is a classic holiday theme: Red and Green.

I was so excited for this prompt, I had just the idea, and then that idea failed. But more on that later. My motto, if at first you don't succeed, try try again. And so I did.

 photo 43EDD344-3154-4792-8FF2-F9AD567B2443_zpsypkjq6zu.jpg

Remember the star of my last manicure (Two Turtle Doves), well after I finished taking photos of that manicure, I finished it off by doing this manicure!

 photo 44250D26-0329-40C8-A41F-4EAD34F69E22_zpsphvqjmxu.jpg

You'll have to excuse my photography skills with this manicure, the sparkle makes my camera go a bit mad. The manicure started out with two coats of Painted Polish Between the Pines on all nails except my ring finger (where the gold was in the last manicure), on that nail I did two coats of China Glaze Ruby Pumps. Then I added the single chevrons and two coats of the opposite polish on each nail.

 photo BC3FF58D-444D-4C48-BC4D-A308A9F5CD3E_zpsuh0vzlwk.jpg

The chevron placement wasn't perfect, but I do like the results. As I said earlier, this manicure was inspired by a manicure fail I had earlier in the season. Apparently some red pigment is a little difficult.

 photo E5C943D1-D3E4-415A-AFDC-0D7FDF5D11B5_zpsgmywctug.jpg

This is Smitten Polish Nose So Bright, and it is an AMAZING pure red holo. I think it just needs to speak for itself. Instead I combined it with Literary Lacquers A Thousand Christmas Trees. Yes that was meant to be green, see what the red pigment did to it? So much fail, so much sadness. Anyway, lesson learned, at least the second attempt didn't have that same problem!

Have any of you ever had mishaps with a red pigment?!

Don't forget to visit the other ladies doing this challenge, I can't wait to see what everyone has done with this prompt!


   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment