Monday, December 22, 2014

Literary Lacquers Always Winter Never Christmas and Snowflakes

After a ridiculously way to long saga with the USPS, I finally got my most recent Literary Lacquers polishes I ordered around Thanksgiving weekend.

This is Literary Lacquers Always Winter Never Christmas.

 photo FC77D680-CE8F-47E1-9481-F4CDE887F830_zpsumtgyyek.jpg

This polish is a part of Literary Lacquers 2014 Community Collection, which is a collection of polishes inspired by ladies in the blogging community.

Always Winter Never Christmas was the brainchild of my friend Kirby at The Mercurial Magpie. It is an icy blue holo, inspired by "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe." In the book the White Witch casts a spell on Narnia that makes it "Always winter but never Christmas."

The polish itself is a light blue polish with linear holo and larger microglitter holographic pieces. It is on the sheerer side, so it took three coats to get to this opacity.

 photo 0DD2FD19-FB5F-4A9B-8609-BFAD8E9159E8_zpselu8t2re.jpg

As soon as I saw this polish I just knew I wanted to add snowflakes to it because it is such a gorgeous winter-esque polish. We don't get snow where I live, so I have to appreciate it on my nails as much as I can in winter.

 photo D72F1573-4639-4D1F-97E2-CE781F117770_zpsprsloowz.jpg

The thing I loved about this polish is that it really is perfect for winter. And now just the holiday season, I think this polish will be good year-round, but especially in the early part of next year during the dreary winter weather!

To stamp the snowflakes I broke out my Bundle Monster BM-H02 and stamped with white polish.

 photo FE8C1AA5-2A4C-4E01-A7EB-3CE779C1FFBB_zpsh4j8akpo.jpg

I was so excited to finally get my polishes in the mail I literally put this on the day I got the polish. I was waiting such a long time for this polish, but the wait and the rigamarole I went through with the USPS was totally worth it!

What do you think of my manicure? Will you be wearing snowflakes after the holiday season!?

I'll leave you with a photo of me and my husband. I am typing this to you as I am celebrating an early Christmas with my in laws in Grass Valley, CA. We have on our Holiday Sweaters of course (and click on that link for a ridiculous video of my hockey team rapping about holiday sweaters that is so bad it is good!).

 photo 6DEDAA3A-7A66-4AAF-BA80-C17A51EBB2CE_zpsgohgl2wn.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment