Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Sparkle Bomb

Today's challenge for the 12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge was sparkle. This one was a tough one for me because I have a lot of gorgeous sparkle nail polish, it was hard to pick.

 photo C8B3301B-6867-471B-B781-0A35D5D86B55_zpslyhrj3op.jpg

The final product is a good mix of gold, red and green, with tiny white glitter throughout.

 photo C9F05E26-F7C4-457C-8146-4BB0181EF94A_zpss5ewqxlp.jpg

I started the manicure with three thin coats of Painted Polish High Off Holo. It is a gold holographic microglitter. On it's own it was quite beautiful.

 photo D7AEED3E-805F-4C13-BB0A-4E42888DF678_zpsajnwfjps.jpg

Then to give it that special Christmas glitter mix to it, I added 1 coat of Model City Polish Christmas With A Chance of Snow. I have never tried Model City Polish before and I have to say I was quite impressed with this polish. I received it in Santa's Secret Sack Indie Polish Box I purchased in early November but just got in the mail this week!

Christmas with a Chance of Snow is a glitter topper (or it's beautiful on it's own as well) that includes green and red medium holographic glitter pieces with mini white microglitters scattered throughout. The polish is so pretty and perfect for the season. The polish was extremely easy to work with, no glitter dragging and it was densely packed in the bottle, so there was no fishing or dabbing needed for application. It retails for $8.50. I was definitely impressed with my first Model City Polish.

Anyway, can't wait to see what everyone else chose for this challenge. Check out the other ladies, at the Inlinkz below!


   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment