Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Blue holographic skittle nails

Well friends, I had just about the worst day ever yesterday. Got rear ended on the way to work, and had back-to-back-to-back-to-back meetings at work. I'm currently feeling a little over extended in life, too many commitments making things rather stressful.

But one thing I like to come back to is this blog, because it deals with the things that make me happy – nails! No matter how hectic my life gets with election season, editorial duties etc. I know I can always look down at my nails and smile.

Today I'm sharing with you some blue skittle nail art I did awhile back. It seemed earlier this year I couldn't get my hands on enough blue holo polishes. I finally realized I had a ton when I put them all side by side (to make sure they weren't dupes) and thought they might make interesting skittle nails!

 photo 12004A89-1FC5-404E-B5A3-149E8D8DD223_zpsbyc9trtw.jpg

The polishes I used, from thumb to pinky, Colors by Llarowe Chillin' in Paradise, Color Club Over the Moon, Colors by Llarowe Soccer Mom, Colors by Llarowe Surf My Wave and ILNP Summer Stargazing.

 photo 21BDBF0B-C6F8-40AD-BFC7-46766B4C8C81_zpsdy6wdzxk.jpg

Because I loved all the blue and it made me think of the ocean, I added a wave stamp on top to complete the look. For the stamp I used MoYou London Sailor 03 plate!

 photo 55F8A772-D3ED-46F5-AB57-5B9F5C0DD37A_zpsksankqta.jpg

All of them had a great holo finish. Soccer Mom was a bit more of a scattered holo and dried a little textured (top coat fixed that pretty quick)! The holo in Surf my Wave, Over the Moon and Chillin' in Paradise were all very similar – linear and vibrant. The finish in Summer Stargazing was a different type of holo, scattered and linear at the same time.

 photo 5937CAB7-E2C8-457F-951F-B97A8278AB9B_zpsmfvnn3qx.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I think Color Club Over the Moon and Colors by Llarowe Chillin' in Paradise were VERY close and if you own one, I can say with confidence, I don't think you need the other. They weren't exact dupes, but pretty similar.

So that's it for my post today. I guess you can say this was apt timing for this manicure, because I'm currently feeling a little blue with how much stuff is going on in my life right now. Overwhelmed! How do you guys deal with stress? I typically paint my nails, when I can fit in a manicure! Something about switching off the really thoughtful side of your brain and just concentrating on art, on a tiny canvas is very relaxing! Don't you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment