Thursday, April 3, 2014

Review and Swatches of NARS Orgasm

Buyers beware, just because the polish is from a luxury brand does not mean the polish is superior in any way, shape or form. This is one of the only luxury brand polishes that I own, and while I love the color, the application was a nightmare.

 photo E11BF57A-0D5F-40EE-9C2B-40FF2232C858_zps6ovwcgjl.jpg

Introducing NARS Orgasm. This is a peach polish with gold shimmer when it hits the sunlight. Beautiful as I'm always looking for polishes that remind me of beautiful sunsets, that is what I bought this color for.

 photo 5F269BC0-F18E-45A4-ADFD-35FDC546B889_zpsetadirth.jpg

Indoors, above and below, the gold shimmer hides a bit but in the sun, bottom, it glows.

 photo 974031FD-9FBA-42BD-BF61-0FC5D95CAF93_zpsvixnqwod.jpg

 photo 3DEA3BB1-849A-467E-A882-BF60A207B7DA_zpsojqiaj3e.jpg

Overall I really liked the color of this polish, but I'm sad to say it chipped within 24 hours of wear. Which once again might be because of the HK Girl Glisten and Glow top coat, which I have discontinued using now.

Application: First off, you see that cap? It is square and huge and impossible to comfortably hold while applying the polish. Now to the polish formula, it's thick and easily floods the cuticles all while being incredibly streaky. This is three coats and you can still see a bare spot on my pinky nail. For how much I spent on this polish (thank goodness it was with a gift card), I was not pleased.

Where to Purchase: I purchased this polish for $19 on Sephora ($19?!?! I know what was I thinking?)

2 comments: