Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Review of Colors by Llarowe Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Rainy Day Nails!

It's finally time for the Bay Area to get some much needed rain and I was having a bad case of the Mondays yesterday so I thought rainy nails matched my grumpy mood and the expected inclement weather this week!

I started out by putting on two coats of Colors by Llarowe Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

 photo A94D8678-8AD5-46A2-9B8A-A65A6A9F5B74_zpsqqim5piy.jpg

This was a very difficult polish to photograph because I can't quite show you the great micro sparkle this polish has. It's subtle, but it's there. Supposedly this is somewhat of a dupe of Essie's Starry Starry Night, but I've never seen that polish in real life. Apparently Starry Starry Night is so sought after it goes on Ebay for like $125 a bottle, which is a little ridiculous.

 photo 0DC92988-C038-46CA-8B36-8854DE3ED625_zpsybraswvf.jpg

Above is my manicure out in the sun, I think it shows the sparkle a little better. I also uploaded a quick 8-second video of the sparkle to my Instagram account if you want to check that out (haven't quite figured out how to upload videos to my blog yet). Also, if you aren't following me yet on Instagram, you should! I sometimes post extra photos there!

I love Instagram, especially when I'm feeling lazy about blogging, like I was this week a bit.

Anyway, I get home yesterday, and all I wanted to do was have a glass of wine or a margarita and just let the stress of the day float away. However I had a school board meeting to attend for work, so I had time to do a quick stamping job, shove some food in my mouth before having to leave to go be a reporter.

 photo 5EE126E0-AD28-43FF-B645-A98ECAEDE084_zpsszbuurll.jpg

I used Winstonia plate W113 for the clouds and I stamped with Zoya Blu. It probably would have looked better with some rain drops, but I was pressed for time and not sure I had a stamp plate with rain drops.

Application: Colors by Llarowe Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was a two coater, but finished a little bumpy (not textured, just glitter bumps), some fingers required two layers of top coat for a smoother finish. I'm a little sad its so hard to photograph the sparkle, because I really enjoy it. It's not really a spring color though, so I think I need to shift my next mani to something more happy.

Where to buy: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is available on at Llarowe's site for $12. It's currently out of stock, but she restocks her line at least once a month. So sign up for her restock information and get tempted!

Speaking of Llarowe, I have a few packages from her that somehow got the wrong zip code put on them and now I have three packages that are in US Post Office purgatory. Because they have the zip code of my old address in Irvine, but the rest of the address is my actual address in Sunnyvale, I have had the packages bounce back and forth between San Francisco and Anaheim sorting facilities three times over! I was supposed to receive these packages more than a week ago. They are currently all in Southern California at the moment. But every time they make it to the San Francisco facility they get shipped back to Southern California, never making it to Sunnyvale. Ugh, frustrated to say the least. I've been working with someone in the Anaheim facility hoping to get them relabeled, but somehow (I'm guessing original bar codes) still have them bouncing back and fourth. I'm really hoping to get the polishes though, three of them are Dance Legend polishes and by the time I finally get my hands on them I might as well of just ordered from the Russian site and waited it out.

Just to note: Leah Ann from Llarowe has been great and has offered to reship, but is most likely out of the polishes I ordered. We'll see what happens eventually, but I'm still waiting it out and am at the mercy of the Post Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment