Thursday, March 6, 2014

In memory of nails

This weekend I am headed to Seattle to celebrate my grandparents lives at a joint memorial service. I'm quite looking forward to seeing my mom's side of the family and learning even more about the wonderful people my grandparents were.

I wanted to pay tribute in some way via my nails. So here is what I did:

 photo a6c444b4bfef444dfa07113e2ca058ab_zps05adf3fa.jpg

I painted a coat of Butter London All Hail the Queen and stamped Zoya Belinda with a rose image from Winstonia 104 plate (the Earth Day plate).

The purple rose is in honor of my Grammy, as she loved purple and I always remember her liking African Violets. My Granddad and Grammy were really big in Navigators, a Christian ministry group, and I can't wait to hear about all the lives they touched this weekend.

Here is the mani in the sunlight this morning.

 photo E5C3E263-78E1-450A-86D2-E0CB06A7D34D_zpslox1vdht.jpg

Application: Butter London All Hail the Queen is a great nude holo that is understated and appropriate for many occasions, but also has that tiny rainbow bling that I love. This is two coats. Zoya Belinda is a little watery, but for stamping the color is so vibrant it ended up working rather well. I started out trying to stamp with AEngland Lady of the Lake, but it just wasn't popping enough. I think the final result works well.

Where to purchase: Butter London's are available on their website and retail for $15, but you can also find their polishes at various other retailers and beauty outlets such as Ulta and they are often on sale. Zoya's retail for $9 and are available on their website as well.

Looking ahead: It's time for St. Patty's Day manicures, from here until the 17th, that is what I will be working on. This weekend while I'm away in Seattle that might be a little difficult, but I'll bring something green and blingy and work on my nails if I have a moment.

I'm really going to try and quit buying new colors and just try to shop my own collection and play with stamps in the upcoming month or two. I have so many untrieds and new plates coming my way I can't wait to play and just appreciate the colors I have.

I also want to do a couple of comparison posts - I have quite the coral and teal collection, I thought it might be helpful to see some of those colors side by side in some quick and dirty comparison posts, because those are my favorite type of posts to read on other blogs.

KBShimmer, an indie retailer I love, announced their spring collection yesterday, read all about it on one of my favorite blogs The Mercurial Magpie. She's also had some killer nail art lately, you should check her out! I like some of the spring collection, particularly Belle of the Mall (coral sparkle) and Make my Gray (coral and aqua combo) but have convinced myself I don't need them now. Those new polishes go on sale March 14 at KBShimmer's website. You'll be hearing more of my KBShimmers coming in the next few days, as they are perfect for St. Patrick's Day.

That's all for now, thanks for reading. Let me know what you are interested in seeing and I'll see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment