Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Welcome to my redesign

So I've redesigned by blog. I'm totally nerdy and geeking out over polish stuff and thoughts I have and I think my friends and family on Facebook could care less, so I've decided to write a blog.

This blog will have a lot of nail updates, along with some other updates I feel like along the way (let's not forget I'm a writer too, I still plan on writing now and again). I'll review what I'm wearing, what's coming in the mail, what new collections I'm interested in, what works for me, what doesn't work for me. Tips when I have them.

Also I've begun stamping, which is an awesome way to update any manicure! More tips and excitement about that in upcoming posts.

So to begin, here is what I'm currently sporting on my nails. It's LA Girls 3D Effects Teal Dimension with a stamped on image from my Konad M64 plate.

 photo 093d7458-b75b-4434-b25c-404609543266_zpsdb440628.jpg

This is one of my favorite finishes of nail polish. I first discovered it with Zoya colors Blaze, Aurora and Storm. It's a scattered fleck holo and it is gorgeous. It doesn't distort the original color (as the holo flecks are suspended in a jelly polish) and just gives a gorgeous glow and a hint of rainbow.

When I learned about the LA Girls 3D Effects polishes (less expensive versions of the Zoya colors), I knew I had to get a few. Teal is one of my favorite colors and this polish is quickly shooting up to the favorites category for me.

Application: The formula was good, but the polish felt a little thick or watery (I know those are opposite, but I don't know how to describe it) like too much came off of the brush with every stroke. The color made up for it though, it's worth the delicate application! It went on in two coats, I think I added a third for good measure.

Where to Purchase: You can purchase the LA Girls 3D Effects from cherryculture.com, where the polishes are on sale for $2.40 each (but I find their shipping costs outrageous) or from drugstore.com (which is where I got mine from) where they are $3.99 a piece but you can bundle it up with many more beauty items to get free shipping!

Looking ahead: It just started raining here in the first time in forever, and I need to sport something less holo blingy since there is no sun out. I'm trying to choose between Pretty Serious Galaxy Invader (a duo chrome) or Hits Moonbeam (a duo chrome sparkle). But if my nail mail comes today, that might change my plans completely!

Coming in the mail: I've got three new I Love Nail Polish multichrome colors coming my way (Siréne, Reminisce and Cygnus Loop Holo). I can't wait to get to the multichrome amazingness (my first ILNPs ever)!

No comments:

Post a Comment