Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year! Resolutions time...

Hi everyone, Happy New Year. Time to make some resolutions, ones worth keeping.

While many people this time of year make health/fitness related resolutions, I've decided to make a different type of resolution.

I want to be in a positive state of mind, "no I'm so tired, I can't handle work, blah blah blah" attitude. I am so lucky to be where I am in my career and while the day to day can be cumbersome, I'm going to make it my goal to enjoy myself and find happiness in the little things every day.

I also want to make it a goal to write more, creatively so. I want to use online prompts and really work on the craft of storytelling. I sit so paralyzed that I can't write a good fiction story, that I need to dive head first and actually try. If I start, maybe I can actually accomplish something. These stories might be something I share here in my blog, or I may just write for my own pleasure (in a notebook or something).

Also, and I always say this, I want to blog more. Since I have become such a nail fanatic and am getting into some makeup stuff, I thought I'd start there giving my two cents on some recent purchases.

So to kick it off, here are my nails of the moment:


 photo 5b99d2da-e374-4082-85e5-981577cb26de_zpsa2bfd34a.jpg

Essie Bahama Mama. I got this with Kohl's cash and am very happy with the color and the application. My nails are shorter due to a break on my thumb nail.

Yesterday I reorganized my nail polish collection by color. I know, I really don't need ANYMORE nail polish. So a new goal is to try not to buy nail polish again until at least March (my birthday month where I might get some deals or free gifts). I have approximately 185 polishes, and near 40 untried. And more coming in the mail (BAD TRACI!!!!). 

 photo c17b4cb6-b15e-417c-977d-60445bb5ae72_zpsa5e64e5b.jpg

Happiness of the day: It's Monday and I was gifted some great Earl Grey Tea this morning from Peet's courtesy of the kind copy editor in our office. It has given me the appropriate pep in my step to keep a smile in my face. 

Song of the moment: Lorde's Team. Seriously I did not know this was Lorde and was scanning the local radio playlists trying to find this song and I finally realized it was Lorde. Duh. I'm silly, but still really jamming on this song. 

Question of the day: What are your New Year's resolutions? What is the likelihood you'll keep them?

No comments:

Post a Comment