Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Looking back....

So I recently looked back at my LiveJournal chronicle of my life from 2001-2008. Wow did I use to write! My goodness. Mostly it was to keep in touch with my friends from home, but somehow it eventually turned into a real account of what was happening in my life at that time.

I thought it would be prudent to save these thoughts, in case one day I want to share them with my future children (probably not). So far I have gotten through Jan. of my freshmen year of college.

First observation, I had the worst grammar, spelling etc. I have no idea how my friends read what I wrote and didn't constantly critique my writing. Whoa. I have really grown as a writer, in some ways.

Secondly, I am so glad I don't live in dorms anymore. While it was quite the experience for one year, there is no way I could handle that type of living again.

Also, wow, I was so self obsessed and melodramatic. I don't miss being that way at all. Reading my old posts really shows me that with age comes maturity, I have grown leaps and bounds since then.

One thing I am proud of is that a lot of the people I reference in my posts are still in my life – Kelsey, David, Maile, Mira, Raj and Ododa... to name a few.

Looking back has taught me a thing or two I didn't like about myself back then, but I also envy how unfiltered I was in my posts. I shared anything, no matter how fleeting the thought. Why don't I do that anymore? Because I don't think anyone will care? I don't know, as I read along in the years, I became very proud of my posts and descriptions of my day to day.

I would like to start that again. I really do hope to continue to post more often. I am keeping an idea book next to my desk for ideas for future blog posts. So keep coming back, because I am hoping to blog again like I did in yesteryear!

If you read or not doesn't really matter, I want something to look back on one day to remind me what I was doing when I was 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment